Wednesday 25 April 2012

Now and Forever

Wow. Where did that four months go?! I am now sitting back at home in the States wondering how the time could have possibly passed so quickly. Saturday was the last day of the semester at Rising Star, and my last day as a Promethean Spark volunteer in India. Needless to say, I was an absolute wreck saying goodbye to everything that I had grown to love and be a part of for the last few months of my life. It has felt so strange not to be in India. I feel almost out of place, and more frequently than not, my thoughts come back to all of the incredible experiences I have had, and all of the relationships that I have built. I think of the kids constantly. Their beautiful faces and sweet little voices... I will miss them and their broken English, their perfect little hugs, and their incredible capacity to love.

All in all, India has changed my life. It has changed my entire perspective and outlook on my own life and the lives of those around me. India changed the way I love and the way I give. India taught me to appreciate simple beauties. India taught me to learn to love a challenge. India taught me how to be okay with getting (and staying) a little dirty. India taught me that being exhausted from helping others is the very best tired that you can ever be. India taught me that I have the power to choose the way I live and see my life. It taught me that no matter the person, place, or circumstance, there is always hope, light, and goodness to be seen. India taught me more fully of God's all-encompassing, and empowering love for every single one of his children, rich or poor, strong or frail, lost or found.

Now and forever, my experiences, and every one of my darling children will be in my heart. Vanakkam!

A few of the many, many, things I miss most.....


The anklets that literally all girls wear.. new borns to grandmas! 

The trees! Palm, coconut, mango..... All the above :)

Steals of deals in the shopping markets!! I LOVE RUPEES..... 1 USD= 52 Rupees. Bangarang.
 
Weekend trips to the beach at Mammallapurum.

 
Bike rides through the village. And head-carrying. And turbans.


Finding random animals in my bedroom... Like frogs, squawking geckos, giant tropical spiders, and um.... completely deadly baby krait snakes......


Greeeeeeen rice feilds!

Intricate rice powder art work outside of front doors to homes!

The gems of wisdom gained from the backs of Indian trucks.... One is best avoid aids..... Indeed, one must!

Medical trips!!


Church in Chennai! Best branch ever! Chennai 1st... Holla!

Delicious Southern Indian Cuisine, fresh from the Rising Star kitchen, and made with love by my good friend, Padmini!

Walking through this door every day!

Sporting the traditional Indian attire. Shout out to sarees and churidars!

Gorgeous henna designs!

 Vadivu. Period. If I were stranded on a desert island, and could choose one person to live with for the rest of my life....... it would probably be her.

Sagayamary: "Monday morning reading class!!!!! You come soon, okay? Promise??"

Reshma: "Good mooooooorning Dance Ma'am!"

Kristaraj: "YOU SEE!!!! MY ROCKET!"

Jessy: "You not go America. You stay with me!"

Megala: "You is soooooooooooo beautiful Mommy!"

Practicing aerials with Moorthy and Vishva after Math Homework!

Dance. Parties. Holla.

Having teeny arms wrapped around me, and beautiful brown eyes looking up at me!

 Snuggling up for arm tickles/stories/songs before bed with my babies!

Star store parties!!!!


Playing/dancing around in the dining hall during playtime. :) ......And beautiful Buji baby of course!

Eating lunch with my kids!

Our absolutely incredible, amazing Life Dance Troupe! Heal the world, leaders for life!

All of my amazing Promethean Spark dance classes... Especially 3rd standard ;)

The kids, the kids, the kids.



Love and Light.

Now and Forever.

God Be With You Till We Meet Again!

-My Indian Heart-





1 comment:

  1. Kelli,
    You are so gorgeous! It looks like the people really loved you. You are doing great things. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete